Pages

End of an era as Steve Jobs steps down

Steve Jobs

Steve Jobs waves as he delivers the keynote address at the 2011 Apple World Wide Developers Conference in June. Picture: AFP Source: AFP

Raw vision shows a very thin Steve Jobs, who has resigned as Apple CEO. Jobs has been fighting pancreatic cancer since '04.

THE man who brought Apple back to life has resigned from his position as the company's chief executive officer.

Refresh this page for live updates.

9.23am�Apple's board of directors has issued a statement. Jobs is the new chairman of the board and Tim Cook is the new CEO. It's all official. Cook will also join the board, effective immediately.

8.45am "I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple's CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come," Jobs said in a statement.

"I hereby resign as CEO of Apple. I would like to serve, if the Board sees fit, as Chairman of the Board, director and Apple employee.

"As far as my successor goes, I strongly recommend that we execute our succession plan and name Tim Cook as CEO of Apple.

"I believe Apple?s brightest and most innovative days are ahead of it. And I look forward to watching and contributing to its success in a new role.

"I have made some of the best friends of my life at Apple, and I thank you all for the many years of being able to work alongside you."

Source: http://www.news.com.au/technology/end-of-an-era-as-steve-jobs-steps-down/story-e6frfro0-1226121767747?from=public_rss

kroger aztec belize maria sharapova

0 comments:

Post a Comment