Pages

Are you nuts? Kerr belts mag's oil claim

Miranda Kerr

Model Miranda Kerr speaks at the relaunch of her KORA Organics range at David Jones. Picture: Scott Barbour Source: Getty Images

AUSSIE supermodel Miranda Kerr left Australia yesterday, but not before hitting back at magazine reports on her use of coconut oil.

The David Jones ambassador slammed Cosmopolitan magazine for misquoting her and misrepresenting her, after US experts warned against people consuming large amounts of the oil, the Herald Sun reported.

The magazine ran a cover story quoting Kerr saying she had been using the product for years.

"I've been drinking it since I was 14 and it's the one thing I can't live without. I will not go a day without coconut oil. I personally take four tablespoons per day, either on my salads, in my cooking or in my cups of green tea."

But the new mother, who left for Los Angeles yesterday before meeting husband Orlando Bloom and son Flynn in New Zealand this week, told the Herald Sun she was misquoted.

"I never did an interview with Australian Cosmopolitan magazine and unfortunately they have misquoted and misrepresented comments posted on my blog," Kerr said yesterday.

"When it comes to coconut oil, I personally find it beneficial and use approximately four teaspoons of coconut oil a day (in my salads and meals), not tablespoons.

"Everyone is different, but that is what works for me and I prefer it as a substitute to other oils more readily used in day-to-day food preparation and cooking. I suggest people consult with their health practitioner for what is right for them."

Source: http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/are-you-nuts-kerr-belts-mag039s-oil-claim/story-e6frfmqi-1226126043911?from=public_rss

kroger aztec belize maria sharapova

0 comments:

Post a Comment